Spring Plant Sale Coordinator
Seasonal/Part-Time: January - May 2016 (with potential to renew for the fall sale)
Application Deadline: December 15, 2015
The Plant Sale Coordinator is responsible for developing the spring tree and shrub sale brochure, ordering nursery stock, processing customer orders, confirming orders and shipments with suppliers, media outreach and publicity, updating the customer database, coordinating volunteers, overseeing and coordinating sale work week and pickup day, and handling overstock sales and donations. Experience with managing volunteers is preferred.
The incumbent must be highly organized and able to work independently with very little oversight. Prior experience with event coordination or fundraising required. The position involves a flexible schedule and is part-time (avg. 15 hours/wk with a 30 hour week leading up to sale day in May) at a rate of $12-$15/hr. Must be available to start immediately. Must be able to pass a background check to obtain access to the USDA Secure Computer Network.
- Event planning, fundraising, and/or wholesale ordering experience
- Computer proficiency: Familiarity with MS Office Programs, spreadsheets and word processing, data entry, generating sale invoices and reports
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design
- Experience with volunteers or work in the nonprofit sector
- Social media, marketing and publicity
- Database management using Microsoft Access
- Customer Service experience
Send resume, cover letter, and three references by December 15, 2015 to BerkshireConservationDistrict@gmail.com. To learn more about the conservation district, visit www.berkshireconservation.org.
Employer: Berkshire Conservation District
78 Center Street, Suite 206
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 443-1776 x 102